2009/2/22 Chris G <c...@isbd.net>:
> On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 10:45:50AM +0000, James Freer wrote:

>> > I looked at mozex once and thought it was only for old versions of
>> > Firefox. Go to the website and you can download the FF3 version
>> > [mozilla a little slow on their updates]?
>> >
>> > 'ItsallText' i haven't got working somehow. For gmail one has got to
>> > do a bash script from what i can gather. Mozex is fine for me and is
>> > obviously similar to the addon for Thunderbird.
>> >
>> > What have i learnt? Keep looking periodically at all addons - they
>> > have put on alot this past year (don't think i've looked for a year).
>> >
>> > james
>> >

>> I've just been looking at mozex. the "xterm -e vim %t" that one enters
>> for the editor leaves one with a small font. I hoped "xterm -fs 16 -e
>> vim %t" might improve things. How can one get over this?
>>
> You can of course use a GUI editor which eliminates the requirement
> for an xterm at all, e.g. I have:-
>
>    xvile -geometry 200x60+200+200 %t
>
> For vim/gvim simply put 'gvim' instead of 'xvile' above, I assume it
> will understand the standard X "-geometry".
>
> --
> Chris Green

Chris

Many thanks for that. That did work but i changed it as i like vim
[with no menu] as opposed to gvim. I like a bare screen!

gnome-terminal --hide-menubar --geometry 200x60+200+200 -e vim %t

I wanted to learn about the syntax for geometry but man gnome-terminal
just had the following
"X geometry specification (see "X" man page), can be specified". man
"X"? no entry

thanks
james

                 once per window to be opened.