Kyle, I've got a lot to learn about mutt :-(. I guess the most
straightforward procedure would be to rely on procmail to direct
incoming mail to differet inboxes that rmail and mutt can access.

You were kind to reply, but your message starts with the set of lines
below. Were you trying to tell me something? I don't have a public
key. Are you saying that I really need one?

[-- PGP output follows (current time: Thu 07 May 2009 01:16:12 PM EDT) --]
gpg: failed to create temporary file
`/home/brownh/.gnupg/.#lk0x8116a58.teufel.14872': Permission denied
gpg: keyblock resource `/home/brownh/.gnupg/secring.gpg': general error
[-- End of PGP output --]

And then I go to reply to your message within mutt, and my reply is
aborted when an editor should show up. So I had to retreat to rmail
for this reply.

To save a message in mutt, if I hit the "s" key I'm prompted
for a mailbox. However I'm used to saving messages as a plain text
that I can name and put into a default directory, and if I page back
to use the same saveAs... name, the message is appended to the
previous one with the same name. As best I can make out, that is done
with save-hook, I suppose, but not sure how to call that function.

Thanks,

Haines Brown