Hi,

* Robert Holtzman wrote:

> After getting the weirdness with the "m" command sorted out, a new
> problem cropped up. When Mutt first opens it reads all the mailboxes
> over and over and over.

What makes you think so? A progress indicator at the bottom? What does
it say exactly?

> This goes on for ~60 seconds after which my
> INCOMING mailbox opens. At this point issuing any command, be it the
> up or down arrows, ^n, ^p,w,q or any other results in Mutt rereading
> all the mailboxes over and over and over. While this is going on the
> keyboard is unresponsive.

Weird, what's your value of the $mail_check variable? You can see if
increasing it help. How many folders do you have, are they rather large
or small (”rather large“ is something like 5.000 or more messages per
folder I'd say.)

> Now for the strangeness. Mutt functions perfectly on my desktop box.
> The noted behavior only occurs on my laptop, a Dell Latitude. Both
> computers are running the identical ~.muttrc files, the desktop file
> having been copied via a flash drive to the laptop.

There's also a systemwide config file (/etc/Muttrc, depending on the
setup) which has totally different settings on both machines.

Rocco