On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 01:42:32PM -0700, Gary Johnson wrote:
> Man page:
>
>     http://linux.die.net/man/1/xclip

That's neat, but I don't really see how it's going to help here,
given that the OP wants to paste an address.  He'd have to have a way
to output exactly the address he wants to stdout for xclip to be able
to get it in the clipboard, as far as I can see.  I'm sure that's
possible, but it's likely to be substantially less convenient than
selecting and pasting it with the mouse (or just typing it in).

I interpreted the OP's message to mean approximately that he wants to
be able to select arbitrary text that's already in his terminal
window, and then paste it, all without using the mouse.  This doesn't
seem to provide any way to do that.

-=-=-=-=-