On Fri, Sep 04, 2009 at 12:14:41PM -0400, Dan Ritter wrote:
> > I'm probably older than most people on this list, and I was
> > never able to reproduce the nice, large, readable interface of a
> > Windows console window with 10x18 Raster fonts in a 120x45
> > window, black letters on grey, in any xterm window, though I'm
> > sure it could be done if I had fiddled long enough with the
> > settings.
>
> If the font is named 10x18, then:
>
> xterm -font "10x18" -fg black -bg grey -geometry 120x45 &
>
> I don't have a 10x18, but I have a 10x20, and substituting that
> in worked.
>
> For rxvt-unicode, -font becomes -fn.

That's pretty close -- closer than I have ever been able to
manage fiddling with the arguments!  Thank you!

However, the fonts I'm used to are just a bit darker, taller
(less "squat"), and easier to read than the ones I get from
-font "10x18".

I have gotten (almost) this far two or three times before but
never managed to find the manual or Web page that provides a
list of possibilities or shows what the fonts look like.

Tom

--
Tom Baker <tba...@tbaker.de>