On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 06:37:52AM -0500, Haines Brown KB1GRM ET1 wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 07:47:08PM -0400, Monte Stevens wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 04:54:29PM -0500, Haines Brown KB1GRM ET1 wrote:
> > > I'm running mutt on debian and within emcas. I have emcacs set up so
> > > that the keybinding M-C-m opens mutt in emacs. The problem is that I
> > > can't get this to use my mutt color configuration.
> >
> > What shell/terminal is emacs using?  multi-term and ansi-term work with
> > colors here.
>
> Monte,
>
> I have emacs use anti-term.

I'm not familiar with anti-term (neither is Google) so I'll assume you
mean ansi-term.  Moving on....

Does the line in your muttrc file that sources your colors file include
the colon?  I have lines in my muttrc file such as:

source ~/.mutt/colorrc

but there is no colon.  I tried to put a colon in there:

:source ~/.mutt/colorrc

but when I started Mutt it complained and then I had no color.  (The
colon is for when you want to issue a command to Mutt when it is already
running.  It is the default key binding for enter-command.)

So, I'm guessing that while I saw Mutt complain about this, you did not,
because the complaint is lost inside your Emacs key binding.  To confirm
this, try to start Mutt the old fashioned way (well not really, you're
still inside Emacs):

M-x ansi-term
$ mutt

What happened?  Did Mutt complain?  If so, try taking the colon out of
your muttrc file and try it again.

--
Monte