On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 15:10:18 +0100, Chuck Smith <chuck.smit...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 02:57:41PM +0100, Zeerak Waseem wrote:
Hey,

I'm having some difficulties with mutt and multiple imaps; I've been
trying to set it up for my private mail and my uni mail, but I can't seem to get it to work. I've been following two entries from the wiki (mainly)
this (http://wiki.mutt.org/?MuttGuide/UseIMAP) and this
(http://wiki.mutt.org/?UserStory/GmailMultiIMAP), if I purely follow the
first link, then mutt responds with there being no maildir.
If I purely follow the second link then it recognizes the maildir, but it
shows that there are no mailboxes.
A finesse to this is that my uni mail has a different ending from the imap server (the other is a gmail account). Could someone help me point out the
flaws in my configuration?

# Base hook to reset account variables to known state before activating
new ones
account-hook . 'unset preconnect imap_user imap_pass imap_authenticators;
set ssl_starttls=ask-yes'

  account-hook imaps://imap.gmail.com:993/ 'set imap_user=Gmail-user
imap_pass=Pass'
  folder-hook imaps://imap.gmail.com:993/ 'set
folder=imaps://imap.gmail.com/INBOX record=+Sent from="My Name
<gmail-u...@gmail.com>"'

  account-hook imaps://uni-imap-server.com/ 'set imap_user=Uni-user
imap_pass=Pass2'
  folder-hook imaps://uni-imap-server.com/ 'set
folder=imaps://uni-imap-server.com/INBOX record=+Sent from="My Name
<uni-m...@uni-mail-address.com>"'

If I add a folder and a spoolfile line (independent of the hooks) then
this setup works, but would I need to set a spoolfile and a folder for
both accounts? I think I tried it, but I'm not quite certain.

Any help would be appreciated :-)

Have you tried Offlineimap? I am using it with great success. Read here:

http://miggysmith.wordpress.com/2009/05/02/gmail1/

--
Chuck Smith

--
Zeerak

I'll bear it in mind, but one of the reasons I went with regular imap, is that mutt can handle it without any need for other tools. So I'll bear the offline imap in mind, but if it's possible to get it working with regular imap then that really would be for the best.

--
Zeerak