On 2010-03-17, Udo Hortian wrote:
> Dear mutt users,
>
> I am using mutt since years and love it. Still, sometimes it happens to
> me, that I am beginning to reply to a message, I save it as a draft,
> continue to edit it and send it at some moment. Then sometimes it
> happens that the message I am replying to is not marked as read. I am
> not sure about the exact circumstances when this happens. Still I would
> like to make mutt to mark these messages as ready automatically or to
> mark them as ready manually. Is there a way to mark messages as read
> manually?

Yes.  When in the Index Menu (the view that shows the messages in
the current mailbox) or in the Pager, type 'w' to set a status flag
or 'W' to clear a status flag.  Each command shows the list of
available flags.  You can find the meaning of the flags in the mutt
manual.  In your case, you probably want to clear the 'N' (New)
flag.

Alternatively, you can toggle the state of the New flag when you're
in the Index Menu by typing 'N'.

You can get a list of these and other commands by typing '?' in any
menu.

You can find out more about message status flags in the mutt manual
in the section "The Message Index" and in the table of "Message
status flags".

Regards,
Gary