On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 05:53:10PM -0700, Gary Johnson wrote:
> On 2010-03-17, Udo Hortian wrote:
> > Dear mutt users,
> >
> > I am using mutt since years and love it. Still, sometimes it happens to
> > me, that I am beginning to reply to a message, I save it as a draft,
> > continue to edit it and send it at some moment. Then sometimes it
> > happens that the message I am replying to is not marked as read. I am
> > not sure about the exact circumstances when this happens. Still I would
> > like to make mutt to mark these messages as ready automatically or to
> > mark them as ready manually. Is there a way to mark messages as read
> > manually?
>
> Yes.  When in the Index Menu (the view that shows the messages in
> the current mailbox) or in the Pager, type 'w' to set a status flag
> or 'W' to clear a status flag.  Each command shows the list of
> available flags.  You can find the meaning of the flags in the mutt
> manual.  In your case, you probably want to clear the 'N' (New)
> flag.
>
> Alternatively, you can toggle the state of the New flag when you're
> in the Index Menu by typing 'N'.
>
> You can get a list of these and other commands by typing '?' in any
> menu.
>
> You can find out more about message status flags in the mutt manual
> in the section "The Message Index" and in the table of "Message
> status flags".
Thank you for this tip! Using w with r afterwards works fine to set the
replied flag of a message.

But does anybody have an idea why mutt sometimes forgets to toggle the
r-flag (i.e. replied) when I reply to a message storing this message
first in drafts, then further edit it and finally send it? One situation
in which this happens is if, when I resume to edit the message (the
reply), I am in another folder then the message I am replying to. Maybe
mutt is not able to notice that this is reply to a message lying in
another folder?!