On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 17:24:30 -0700, Michael Elkins wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 06:57:04PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> But the message indeed was set to use "format=flowed" as seen in the
>> code sample I sent before.
>
> In that example there was nowhere to break the line because there were
> no spaces.  the choice is between wrapping the long line, or chopping it
> off (Mutt doesn't support the latter).  As mentioned previous, 'set
> markers' controls the + char in the first column when Mutt wraps a line.

O.k. Mistery solved.

After some tests performed by a mate -and later by myself- I can conclude
the fault is indeed on the MUA/user: when you select the "preformatted"
text option in Thunderbird, and then convert the message to "text only"
the body of the e-mail gets no wrapped at all and so it renders in a
strange manner under *some* e-mail client (btw, gmail webmail wraps the
message without problems, but other MUA don't).

Thanks to all and sorry for the noise.

P.S. The moral of this could be "never trust what your buddy says unless
you've tested it before" >>:-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón