On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 11:09:55AM -0800, Roger wrote:
> How about an option to mark folders with an "O" on folder (browser) view
> containing old
> email (email not marked as read -- aka forgotten/overlooked emails)?
>
> Or is this already there?

I guess what would be needed is a %O printf-like sequence for
folder_format.  There doesn't appear to be one according to my muttrc
manual.

> Looks to me, mark old only happens in (email) index view.

That's my understanding as well.

I'll take this opportunity to disclose that this proposed feature is not
something I'm interested in using.  I thought the 'old' flag in the
index view was neat at first but I prefer that the message retains the
'new' flag if I haven't looked at it.

Now that that's out of the way... best of luck to you.  I don't know how
difficult it would be to implement this feature but if I did want it I'd
probably try to find the %N flag for folder_format in the source and go
from there.

I've already snipped the top of your original comment (sorry) but if the
reason behind your request is that you have prematurely left the folder
because you were not aware of the presence of additional new messages,
you could try using the 'next-new-then-unread' command, which for me, is
bound to <tab> .  If a new message isn't found with this command you can
leave the folder, confident that you have left no stone unturned
(assuming you don't wait too long to leave the folder).

--
Monte