* On 20 Sep 2010, Marco Giusti wrote:

> I got another idea that uses mutt's thread capability. I test it but i
> didn't create a macro (because I'm lazy) and I leave it to you as exercise.

I have used this technique before.  It works well.

> Uncollapse all threads (Esc+V), tag all messages (T and '.' as pattern),
> collapse all threads (Esc+V again) tag all messages (T and '.' again).

ITYM "untag" for the second pass :)

The tricky part of macrofying it is that <collapse-all> is a toggle, so
you have to assume the initial state of your folder.  Assuming you start
out uncollapsed:

macro index =tS
"<tag-pattern>.<enter><collapse-all><untag-pattern>.<enter><collapse-all>" "tag
all non-initial messages in threads"

You can of course extend this technique to work on the current thread.

macro index =ts "<enter-command>set my_resolve=$resolve; set
resolve=no<enter><tag-thread><collapse-thread><tag-message><collapse-thread><enter-command>set
 move=$my_resolve<enter>"  "tag non-initial messages in current thread"

--
David Champion  *  d...@uchicago.edu  *  IT Services  *  University of Chicago