On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 02:28:31PM -0600, Aaron Toponce wrote:

> Further, wrapping your mail at a predetermined width seems to have problems
> with users on smaller screens, such as mobile devices. So, I'm wondering if
> using format:fixed is appropriate, or if I should be using format:flowed?
> If I switch to format:flowed, then people with larger screens will likely
> wish to resize their window smaller, such that it makes it easier to read
> the lengthly lines.

In theory format:flowed was designed to solve exactly that issue but I am
wondering how many of the mobile MUAs do handle it? From what I am reading
the format.flowed support has a fairly bumpy history of implementation
(eg. Thunderbird) so it might be that html will enable better and more portable
results for mobile devices.

I was wondering if anyone has a script to convert normal mail messages
to format flowed stuff and back? Could be used as an editor wrapper script
instead of trying to reimplement the functionality in every editor.

Richard

---
Name and OpenPGP keys available from pgp key servers