* On 25 May 2011, Joseph wrote:
> On 05/25/11 17:42, David Champion wrote:
> >* On 25 May 2011, Joseph wrote:
> >>+CRYPT_BACKEND_CLASSIC_PGP  -CRYPT_BACKEND_CLASSIC_SMIME
> >>+CRYPT_BACKEND_GPGME  -EXACT_ADDRESS  -SUN_ATTACHMENT  +ENABLE_NLS
> >
> >You have GPGME as well as "classic pgp" (i.e. forking off pgp/gpg
> >commands) support.  Is $crypt_use_gpgme set?  If so, your "classic"
> >settings are not used, and you're depending on gpgme.  That doesn't
> >explain why it's not working but it could explain why it quit working.
> >
> >--
> >David Champion • d...@uchicago.edu • IT Services • University of Chicago
>
> Thank for your input.
> Now, how do I get rid of one or the other:
>  +CRYPT_BACKEND_CLASSIC_PGP
>  +CRYPT_BACKEND_GPGME

I don't know, that depends on your build environment.  I have used
gentoo too little to know how to change its ebuild.

> 2.) How to check if "crypt_use_gpgme" is set?
> Do I put it in .muttrc ?

It is a muttrc variable.  You can check its current value with:
mutt -D | grep gpgme

You can explicitly unset it in .muttrc with:
unset crypt_use_gpgme

That will disable the gpgme backend without requiring you to compile
without it, allowing you to fall back to the classic backend.

--
David Champion • d...@uchicago.edu • IT Services • University of Chicago