0n Sun, Jun 05, 2011 at 04:19:10PM -0400, Chris Brennan wrote:

    >* Ionel Mugurel Ciobica <tga...@chem.tue.nl> [2011-06-05 21:37:13 +0200]:
    >
    >> If you use vim for other than editing e-mails, you may want not to add
    >> that limit in your .vimrc. Instead add this to your .muttrc:
    >>
    >> set editor="/usr/bin/vim -c 'set ft=mail et tw=72'"
    >
    >Perfect, I will add that over textwidth in my .vimrc, thanks

Something else that is brilliant is binding a key as such:

Add this to your $HOME/.vimrc

   " " --------------------------
   " "     fix formatting
   " " --------------------------
   " * <F1> to re-format the current paragraph correctly
   " * <F2> to format a line which is too long, and go to the next line
   " * <F3> to merge the previous line with the current one, with a correct

   nmap    <F1>    gqap
   nmap    <F2>    gqqj
   nmap    <F3>    kgqj
   map!    <F1>    <ESC>gqapi
   map!    <F2>    <ESC>gqqji
   map!    <F3>    <ESC>kgqji

Enjoy!

   -Alex

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Department of Defence and is
subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the Crimes Act 1914. If you have
received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and
delete the email.