On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 01:29:17PM -0500, David Champion wrote:
> * On 18 Jun 2011, Joseph wrote:
> >
> > :0e
> > EXITCODE=$?
>
> I think this is still going to write to a file named EXITCODE=255.
> IIRC the line after :0 is either a delivery rule (a folder) or an open
> brace.  If you want to set a variable as a result of the match, without
> delivering, you need:
>
> :0e
> {
>       EXITCODE=$?
> }
>
> or more concisely,
>
> :0e
> { EXITCODE=$? }

  Ah, indeed my own recipes using EXITCODE are like:

:0
* ^FROM.*lists@meridianmagazine\.com
{
        EXITCODE=67
        :0
        /dev/null
}

'67' is 'EX_NOUSER', i.e. it should go back up the procmailrc/MTA chain
to tell the sender "User doesn't exist".

--
- Athanasius = Athanasius(at)miggy.org / http://www.miggy.org/
                  Finger athan(at)fysh.org for PGP key