http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-operating-system/252706-postfix-opt-local-libexec-postfix-pickup-no-such-file-directory.html

|  I am aware that this list is probably not the venue, but perhaps
|  someone could recommend a ML or forum where there is osx system and
|  command line expertise.

From the path cited in the forum post I think you're using the MacPorts
postfix. I think MacOSX also ships with its own postfix. I do not know if you
care which you run.

I would:
  - uninstall the macports postfix
  - test
  - if you want the macports one reinstall it
  - test

There's a macports mailing list:
You want the maports-users one.

Of course there's the postfix list as well:
  http://www.postfix.org/lists.html
You want the postfix-users one.

Of course we can debug a bit here too.

Uninstall the pacports postfix and see what happens. Though I gather
you've fiddled with the launchd configs, so uninstalling that postfix
may cause brokenness. Then re-install. Report back.

FYI, my Mac here runs a working postfix mail system, so it's perfectly
feasible. I haven't upgraded to Lion yet.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <c...@zip.com.au> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Louis Pasteur's theory of germs is ridiculous fiction.
       --Pierre Pachet, Professor of Physiology at Toulouse, 1872