On 2012-03-01, Mark H. Wood wrote:
> I've looked over all the configuration options I can find, and I see a
> lot of stuff about *attachments*.  Attachments are working pretty
> well.  But when I receive a message consisting of a single HTML
> bodypart, the Content-Type header is apparently ignored and I see a
> stream of markup gibberish.  Going through the attachment list ("v m")
> gets the message body rendered through lynx as I have it set up, but
> what am I missing that this is not done automatically?

You need this in your ~/.muttrc (or ~/.mutt/muttrc):

    auto_view text/html

and something like this in your mailcap:

    text/html; w3m %s; nametemplate=%s.html
    text/html; w3m -dump %s; nametemplate=%s.html; copiousoutput

You might also take a look at this page:

    http://www.spocom.com/users/gjohnson/mutt/#html

Regards,
Gary