On 2012-04-07, Tim Johnson wrote:
> * David Ellement [120407 01:10]:
> > On 2012-04-06, Tim Johnson wrote
> > > * Gerald LaMontagne [120406 17:55]:

> > >  Of course, but what I was really inquiring about was whether I could
> > >  save 'en masse' :: a thread to one file.
> > >  thanks
> >
> > I don't understand what you are asking.
>   It would be nice if I could save all of the tagged messages to one
>   *named* (not mbox) file - just as if I were saving a viewed
>   attachment. It looks like that is not doable.

I'm not following you at all.  An mbox file _is_ a named file.  You
can choose any name you like, absolute, relative to your mail folder
directory, or relative to the directory in which you started mutt.

> > You can tag the thread, and save it all 'en masse' to an 'mbox' file
> > anywhere where you can create a file.  How would the file you are want
> > to create differ from what you get when it is created as an 'mbox'?
>   Yeah, what would work for me is a special mbox directory for just
>   saving stuff then open them in vim and weed out headers, saving
>   content to a new file..

Save a thread to any file name you like, open that file in vim and
tell me how that differs from what you requested.

Regards,
Gary