On 2012-04-11, Chris Green <c...@isbd.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 07:10:18PM -0500, David Champion wrote:
>
>> The advantage of this solution is that it affects only how the message
>> is displayed in the pager, so the people who set up the mailing list to
>> expect these [list tags] still get them back from you when you reply.
>
> No mailing list I have come across needs what's between the [], they get
> put there automatically on *every* message sent from the list so
> removing them from replies has no effect at all on what others see.

Same here.  I stipped the tags out for years and never noticed any
problem with any of the mailing lists I posted to.  But, IMO,
gmane+slrn is far superior (if gmane carries the list in question).

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I had a lease on an
                                  at               OEDIPUS COMPLEX back in