On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 01:01:00PM +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:

> Same here.  I stipped the tags out for years and never noticed any
> problem with any of the mailing lists I posted to.  But, IMO,
> gmane+slrn is far superior (if gmane carries the list in question).

That's because newsgroups are a much better way of handling the type of
discussion groups that mailing lists are commonly used for, and indeed
is what newsgroups were developed for. Unfortunately they never really
caught on in this way.

If gmane doesn't carry the list you're interested in you could always
set up your own mail<->news gateway and keep your slrn interface to the
rogue group.

But, this is all way off topic for the list, so I'll shut up now. :)

Cheers,
Tom
--
Mr. Cole's Axiom:
        The sum of the intelligence on the planet is a constant; the