On 12May2012 19:10, Jim Graham <spooky1...@gmail.com> wrote:
| On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 07:03:29PM -0500, Indulekha wrote:
| > On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 06:51:52PM -0500, Jim Graham wrote:
| > > I'm curious about how that's working out, etc.
| >
| > I used to, a few years ago.  Good guide here:
| > http://linsec.ca/opensearch_desc.php -- ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
| > Indulekha
|
| Thanks.  I've been using Mutt since back in the 0.85 days (I think
| that was the version number back then..might have been 0.76), and
| I'm still using it for a reason...I like it, and prefer it.  :-)
|
| Any other thoughts on Mutt + Mac OS X welcome, either here or via direct
| e-mail (using the list is probably better, as it's already whitelisted
| in procmail).

I use the mutt from MacPorts (WELL worth installing - very easy and
gives you access to a HUGE suite of common UNIX tools). If you install
MacPorts it is important to use "mutt-devel" instead of "mutt" as the
package name; the former is the modern 1.5 series mutt while the latter
is the stodgy old 1.4 series mutt:

  http://www.mail-archive.com/mutt-users@mutt.org/msg43569.html

Happy to walk you through a MacPorts install, but it is very easy; start
here:

  http://www.macports.org/install.php

I'm mostly using mutt on linux right now, but am about to switch to
running it mostly local to my MacBook with some offlineimap sync
trickery.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <c...@zip.com.au> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Mac OS X. Because making Unix user-friendly is easier than debugging Windows.
- Mike Dawson, Macintosh Systems Administrator and Consultation.
  mdaw...@mac.com http://herowars.onestop.net