On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 10:23:53AM +1000, Cameron Simpson wrote:

> I use the mutt from MacPorts (WELL worth installing - very easy and
> gives you access to a HUGE suite of common UNIX tools). If you install
> MacPorts it is important to use "mutt-devel" instead of "mutt" as the
> package name; the former is the modern 1.5 series mutt while the latter
> is the stodgy old 1.4 series mutt:

Good to know...thanks.  I'm also going to have to (hopefully) remember
the set of options I set to use Gmail to SEND mail, and fetchmail to
get mail, and procmail as my MDA/mail filter.  But that's all simple
enough...at least, I think I remember it being really simple (except
sendmail---it's been a LONG time since configuring sendmail was simple;
those .m4 files are far more confusing than sendmail.cf, and since I
don't have the Sendmail Nutshell book anymore....).

>   http://www.mail-archive.com/mutt-users@mutt.org/msg43569.html
>
> Happy to walk you through a MacPorts install, but it is very easy; start
> here:

I might take you up on that.  Oh well, the timer for my dinner is
screaming at me...gotta run.

>   http://www.macports.org/install.php

> Mac OS X. Because making Unix user-friendly is easier than debugging
> Windows.

Thanks,
   --jim

--
THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        | "> There it was, right in the title bar:

Android Apps Listing at http://www.jstrack.org/barcodes.html