* On 22 Jun 2012, Gary Johnson wrote:

> But that would defeat the purpose of the copy which is to have a
> stable file for LibreOffice to read while allowing mutt to wipe and
> delete its temporary file.  A hard link would work if it wasn't that
> mutt wipes the file before unlinking it.

The last time I worried about this, mutt didn't zero out temporary files
before unlinking them.  If it does that now then hard links are not a
solution.

If only every OS had a modern filesystem with copy on write available at
the file level to unprivileged users.  Maybe a COW shim (FUSE?) using
sparse backing store of rewritten blocks over an arbitrary backend
fs....

--
David Champion • d...@uchicago.edu • IT Services • University of Chicago