On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 11:27:23AM -0700, Gary Johnson wrote:
> On 2012-06-22, Luis Mochan wrote:
> > > But that would defeat the purpose of the copy which is to have a
> > > stable file for LibreOffice to read while allowing mutt to wipe and
> > > delete its temporary file.  A hard link would work if it wasn't that
> > > mutt wipes the file before unlinking it.
> > >

> > I guess not. If I understand correctly, the file will remain alive
> > while its link count of the file is possitive. Even if mutt deletes
> > (it's link), the other link (and the file) will survive.
>
> Yes, but mutt overwrites the contents of the file with zeros first
> (what I meant by wiping), leaving the other link pointing to a file
> full of zeros, and leaving LibreOffice with nothing useful to read.

Got it. Anyway, what is the rationale for wiping the file contents?
Security?
Regards,
Luis

W. Luis Mochán,                      | tel:(52)(777)329-1734     /<(*)
Instituto de Ciencias Físicas, UNAM  | fax:(52)(777)317-5388     `>/   /\
Apdo. Postal 48-3, 62251             |                           (*)/\/  \
Cuernavaca, Morelos, México          | moc...@fis.unam.mx   /\_/\__/