On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 11:15:42PM -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

> Yahoo now requires posting from a yahoo account via their smtp or from
> their web service, since last year some time.  I have dropped all but one
> group, but only read.  I refuse to use their web service.

Strange...because one of the local e-mail lists I'm on (Amateur Radio) is
a yahoo group, and I do see posts from non-yahoo accounts (including
gmail, cox, aol, gnt, et al).  These are recent, not old posts.  Perhaps
this only applies to new lists or new list members?

Later,
   --jim

--
THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        MiSTie #49997  < Running Mac OS X Lion >

   "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!"
               --Mal (Firefly, 1x03, Our Mrs. Reynolds)