On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 12:06:04PM -0700, s. keeling wrote:
> Incoming from horseriver:
> >
> > I subscribed a mail list at date X , Now I want to import these mails which
> > are
> > post  before X , How can I do ?
>
> Just brainstorming here.
>
>    i) please give a better description of your problem.

The description is pretty clear. OP joins list Y on date X, say X is
20th Jan 2013. He wants to import mails posted before X, i.e. before
20th Jan 2013 into mutt so he can read them.

>   ii) what format are mails stored in (ASCII, mbox/maildir, ...)?

Does it matter?

>  iii) what, specifically, is the problem you're running into (error
>       messages, corrupted data, whatever).

He doesn't appear to be "running into" any problem importing them,
simply because he doesn't know where to start.

AFAIUI, it is not possible to import mails for a mailing list which were
sent *before* you joined. I suggest reading/searching the archives of
the list in question.

IOW, it is not something mutt can do.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X