Incoming from Dale Raby:
> encryption.  I.e.: "What is that block of gibberish you have at the end
> of your emails?"  "That, my friend is my public key.  If you have the
> right software you can verify that I sent you that message, and we can
> even send encrypted emails that nobody else can read but us."
> "Really?!  Tell me more!"

I've had the same conversation with others in the past.

> His response was; "Don't encrypt anything, have nothing to hide in the
> first place."  He is now serving what will probably be a life sentence
> for conspiring to blow up his wife's car with her in it.  He says he is
> innocent, and the circumstances of his trial are sketchy at best.  Key
> evidence at his trial?  You guessed it, unencrypted emails.

The trouble is, we've all already got lots of stuff out there which
wasn't "cryptoed", and once it's out there, it'll never disappear.  If
the above is true, then we're all always just tetering on the edge of
oblivion.

BTW, if he didn't rig his wife's car with a bomb, who did?

- -