Hi,

I use mutt with imap.gmail.com. When I delete a message, I move it to
+[Gmail]/Trash which seems to confuse mutt. When everything works fine, all I
get is "the mailbox was modified externally", and the message simply
disappears. Sometimes however, mutt tells me "no visible message" and I have
to change folders to be able to see anything in my INBOX again. Other times
mutt segfaults.

So my question is really twofold. (1) Is moving message to [Gmail]/Trash the
right thing to do if I want to delete a message from Gmail? (2) Is there a
work-around or something I could do differently to prevent mutt from acting
up?

Thanks,

nick