> On Sun November 17, 2013 5:30 am Martin Vegter wrote:
> I have the sent folder set up already.
>
>      set mbox_type=Maildir
>
>      set    folder="~/.mail/"
>      set      mbox="~/.mail/"
>      set spoolfile="~/.mail/inbox/"
>      set    record="~/.mail/sent"
>      set postponed="~/.mail/drafts"
>
> The problem is how to access it from mutt (how to see my sent emails).
> I don't know how to switch to sent folders.
>
> Another question I would like to ask is: I have now three folders:
> inbox, sent, drafts (as defined above). I would like to have another
> folder "archive", where I could save my emails. (instead of keeping
> everything in inbox). But AFAIK, "archive" is not defined in mutt.

Assuming that you are running Linux, the information you need may be
found in the man ("manual") pages.  And even if you are not running
Linux, you can find the man pages on-line with a Google search such as
"<package name> man page".

Mutt has both "commands" and "configuration variables"; the "muttrc"
man page has a list of commands and configuration variables, and
explains the use of each.

And, as previously noted, there is the Mutt manual.

===============

Every mailbox (whether of the type "mbox", "maildir", or whatever)
which you wish to browse (that is, which you wish to be displayed in
the Mutt index) should be declared by the Mutt "mailboxes" command.
So you might edit into your Mutt configuration file ".muttrc" the
following lines:

mailboxes ~/.mail/inbox/
mailboxes ~/.mail/sent
mailboxes ~/.mail/drafts
mailboxes ~/.mail/archive

You have set the Mutt configuration variable "mbox_type" to "Maildir";
this is good.  Mutt knows how to create a proper "maildir" structure
(with "cur", "new", and "tmp" subdirectories) whenever it needs a new
mailbox.

However, it is not a bad idea to create in advance any mailboxes such as
"archive" which you know that you are going to need.  You can do this
manually with the Bash "mkdir" command:

$ mkdir -p ~/.mail/archive/(cur,new,tmp)

However, there is a Bash command "maildirmake" written specifically
for this task:

$ maildirmake ~/.mail/archive

See also "Mutt & Maildir Mini-HOWTO" for pager and index commands.

RLH