* On 25 Nov 2013, Martin Vegter wrote:

> I would like to unbind all key bindings, so that I can explicitly define
> only those, that I am actually going to use.
>
> While googling, I have discovered that I am not the only one having this
> problem. There even seems to be a patch called "unbind":
>
>     http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/mutt/#unbind
>
> but only for version 1.4 and 1.5.1. I am using mutt version
> 1.5.21-6.2+deb7u1, so I am not sure if that would work.

Hi Martin -

I think the other responses on this thread are appropriate, and you
should consider whether you really want to unbind everything.  That
said, as the author of the unbind patch that you cited: no, it won't
work with a current mutt.  It's very out of date.  I took some time to
update and improve the patch and you'll find the result here:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.mail.mutt.devel/21157

(For anyone familiar with the unbind saga and its intricacies, this
patch finally does a real unbind, not a bind to noop.)

--
David Champion • d...@bikeshed.us