On Fri,May 09 12:24:AM, Christian Brabandt wrote:

> I am surprised, this works for your normal editor command. From my
> understanding, Vim should try to open 2 files, namely ':r !cat /tmp/bla'
> and the /tmp/mutt-... (which is your actual mail template.
>
> To make this work, you should at least add the -c command to vim, to
> make sure, you want the argument be interpreted as a command to execute
> on startup.

Hi Christian,
Yes, you are right, and I forgot to place '-c' in the macro I
posted on the email, but - I do have it in the actual macro in
vimrc.

The reason I'm using the !cat option is - like you mentioned, if
I only use ":r /tmp/file", then, things get 'messed' up. And, while
in mutt, I find out that I'm editing two files, not good..

The usage of  "-c ':r !cat /tmp/file'" does solve the issue of
editing two files, but, I cannot seem to get the send-hook correct,
and depending on how/where I place my quotes, I get different
errors. -
Which is troubling, because I do have other send-hooks defined
and working well.

--

GG