On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 05:59:13PM +0200, Elias Diem wrote:
> So let me precise it. I don't talk about mailing lists but
> messages that come from one person to many.
[...]
> Now I'd like to reply to A and B and I want those addresses
> to be both in the To: field. The new header would look
> something like this:
>
> <header>
> From: ME
> To: A, B
> </header>

Oddly enough, I just did a little testing, and sometimes I get the
behavior you want, but sometimes I get the other behavior.  I suspect
this may have something to do with handling alternates, but I would
really need to trace through the code to see what's going on here.

That said, I believe the intended behavior is to put only the "To"
addresses in the To: field, and everything else in the Cc: field.  The
difference between To: and Cc: is basically that if the author puts
you in the To: field, the author expects that you have some action to
take (including replying), whereas Cc: is for keeping people in the
loop who are not intended to take any action.

http://lifehacker.com/5990422/know-the-difference-between-to-and-cc-in-an-email

I believe Mutt tries to preserve the sense of this conveyed in the
original e-mail you are replying to.  And therefore, if you want to
change it, you are going to have to make a conscious decision to do
so; usually you're going to have to do that manually.

I think this is the Right Thing™.

-=-=-=-=-