On 11/03/2014 12:55 PM, DaleKelly wrote:
On 11/03/2014 11:41 AM, John Niendorf wrote:
Just a note: ~/ is shorthand for/home/dale/

installed from repository, more recent

set up my ~/.muttrc file

with these additions

set smtp_host=smtp://u...@smtpout.secureserver.net:80
set pop_host=pop://u...@pop.secureserver.net:110

(can't use port 25 for my SMTP server, 80 works on Thunderbird, trying
to get a lower memory footprint for email/news, have problems with
desktop switcher)

get these errors

dale@dale-W3653:~$ mutt
Error in /home/dale/.muttrc, line 136: smtp_host: unknown variable
source: errors in /home/dale/.muttrc
Press any key to continue...

(mutt loads but emails sent are not received)

this page
http://superuser.com/questions/403694/setting-up-mutt-for-gmail

says check mutt's environment variables to see if SMTP is in my installation by executing mutt -v
I don't see SMTP anywhere
says POP was enabled in installation, and doesn't have an error from .muttrc when I run, like SMTP

I am running version 1.5.1.6 my repository (was 1.5.1.23 from mutt source)

anyone know how to set this variable, +USE_SMTP  ?

--
(my whereabouts below)
http://www.dalekelly.org/