On 2/12/15 6:47 PM, David Champion wrote:
* On 12 Feb 2015, Peter Davis wrote:
Aha! I'm sorry. I misinterpreted your reply. You mean I have to
create an application-specific password to use IMAP once I've enabled
2-factor authentication. (I don't know where I got "authentification"
from ... fingers on auto-pilot, I guess.)
Yes, I think that's right.  I haven't enabled 2FA myself but that's how
it works when you have a Google Apps account using an organizational
SAML login, and you want to use IMAP. :)

Unfortunately, in my situation, the system is my employer's and may be demanded back at any time, so I can't have the password in any form saved on the machine.

Thanks,
-pd

--
----