also sprach Cameron Simpson <c...@zip.com.au> [2015-04-26 01:10 +0200]:
> So I go to the attachment view in mutt. Press <enter> on the attachment,
> which runs apphelper (from mailcap).
> […]
> so pressing <enter> ran apphelper which ran "xv" immediately. After quitting
> "xv", I get the save prompt.

Right, this is nice. But I don't always want to run xv. Sometimes
I want to run Gimp.

> Entering "!open %" invokes the shell command "open" (standard Mac
> "open this file/url with the default app" command) with the temp
> filename replacing the "%".

This would be exactly what I need, except…

> Obviously I could issue any command, not just "open", with the
> filename specified by "%".

mutt 1.5.23 does not seem to know about '%'. Running
"<shell-escape>less %<return>" yields

  %: No such file or directory

What am I doing wrong?

--
@martinkrafft | http://madduck.net/ | http://two.sentenc.es/

only by counting could humans demonstrate
their independence of computers.
            -- douglas adams, "the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy"

spamtraps: madduck.bo...@madduck.net