* Matthias Apitz <g...@unixarea.de> [06-08-15 02:09]:
> To manage some organization I want to have an additional alias file
> (i.e. separated from my normal aliases). I tried:
>
> set alias_file=~/.mutt-mail_aliases     # where I keep my aliases
> source ~/.mutt-mail_aliases             # include my aliases
> source ~/.mutt-xxxxxxx
>
> but in the 2nd file it does not recognize the 'alias' command-
>
> Any idea? Thanks

only ideas and untried and unknown:
  You have told mutt to *only* use ~/.mutt-mail_aliases, "set alias_file="
  perhaps,
    set alias_file=~/.mutt-mail_aliases;~/.mutt-xxxx
  or it may not be possible currently.

Except for your own "preference", why not combine them?

And perhaps this would be a good use of hooks, source and set the aliase
file according to the recipient.  And source is probably only required
once.