* On Mon, Jun 08, 2015 07:14AM -0400 Patrick Shanahan (ptilopt...@gmail.com)
muttered:
> * Matthias Apitz <g...@unixarea.de> [06-08-15 02:09]:
> > set alias_file=~/.mutt-mail_aliases     # where I keep my aliases
> > source ~/.mutt-mail_aliases             # include my aliases
> > source ~/.mutt-xxxxxxx
> only ideas and untried and unknown:
>   You have told mutt to *only* use ~/.mutt-mail_aliases, "set alias_file="
>   perhaps,
>     set alias_file=~/.mutt-mail_aliases;~/.mutt-xxxx
>   or it may not be possible currently.

No. It should work as the OP wrote. alias_file points to one and only
one file.

3.3. alias_file

Type: path
Default: “~/.muttrc”

The default file in which to save aliases created by the <create-alias>
function.

"alias" is a normal command and can be used in any sourced file.
alias_file simply tells mutt to save new aliases there.

Michael
--
PGP-Key-ID:     EEE7D043
Jabber:         in...@jabber.de