On 2015-11-27 19:01 +0000, David Woodfall wrote:

> > I'm currently using mutt in xterm, and I finally got tired of
> > copy&paste long urls (wrapped in multiple lines) from mutt to
> > browser. Ideally, I'd like to be able to open urls by clicking them.

> It would be nice to see this fixed somehow. I've used urlview in the
> past but I prefer to see links in the context of the surrounding text.

I use a way somewhere between a workaround and a solution :-)

I copy the links manually (usually with a double-click on the first word
and a right click on the last), but I have a script involving the xclip
program which removes the internal newlines from the selection and calls
the browser with the result.  I can run this script from my root menu
which of course is accessible with a key binding.  So the only mouse
actions required are the 3 clicks to select the link.