On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 10:35:35PM -0800, Will Yardley wrote:
> (without passphrase already cached by GPG), use 'limit' to find an
> encrypted, *traditional* (not pgp-MIME) message in a folder. In some
> cases, not completely reproducible, I then only see the 'S' in the index
> lines that show up (when $pager_index_lines is set), and I see artifacts
> of the pinentry page, sometimes sticking around for a while. The
> screenshot here should show the behavior.
>
> Additionally, after this problem comes up, the up arrow in the 'limit'
> pattern doesn't work (I get, e.g., [A for up-arrow), though I can still
> type in there Ok.

Just to help me track this: do you have $pgp_auto_decode set, or are you
typing Esc-P inside the pager?  It sounds like we need to trigger a hard
redraw (which also turns keypad back on) on whatever path this is
following.

Also, does this only happen when you limit?

> One other question -- it looks like $pgp_create_traditional doesn't work
> with the $crypt_use_gpgme backend. The docs do kind of imply that, but
> maybe it should also generate a startup warning if you have
> $crypt_use_gpgme and $pgp_create_traditional both set?,

Okay I'll look into this too.

--
Kevin J. McCarthy
http://www.8t8.us/configs/gpg-key-transition-statement.txt