Hi!

mutt is showing messages in maildir that are unread but in cur/ as
"old", is there a way to make the messages (in general all unread
messages) always show as "new" instead? I'm not interested in the
distinction at all...

I've just set up Dovecot imap on a maildir i'm also reading with mutt
locally, and Dovecot follows the maildir spec which says that MUA should
move mails from new/ to cur/ right away, and that is making mutt show
the messages as old instead of new. Note that mutt's $mark_old (which
I have disabled) doesn't affect this as it says only what mutt does when
*saving* messages.

(N.B. the same thing is actually also happenning with mailboxes accessed
by Dovecot, but I haven't looked into exactly why in that case.)

I'm open to suggestion about imap servers that don't do this and play
well with local mutt MUA too! (Even though I can't say Dovecot is doing
anything *wrong* per se.)

Thanks,

--
                                Petr Baudis
        Never!  Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl!