Hi mutt users,

Hmm...do any of you have any solution for sending emails in background
without hanging up your mutt? I am getting annoyed by the delay coming with
mutt's default smtp. I would like to have a sendmail script that would queue
up my all my emails from mutt and send it at proper time and if it fails, it
will notify me with a failure status or failure messages.

Currently I have a msmtp set up, with its .msmtprc like this:

    account default
    host smtp.gmail.com
    from <mysendaddresshere>
    auth on
    port 587
    user <myaccounthere>
    password <mypasswordhere>
    protocol smtp
    logfile ~/.msmtp.log
    tls on
    tls_starttls on
    tls_nocertcheck

and my .muttrc like this:

    set sendmail="/usr/bin/msmtp"
    # don't wait for msmtp to complete. Let it run at background
    set sendmail_wait=-1

But there some problems with this solution:

    1. the "sendmail_wait=-1" doesn't seems work?
    2. when I cutt off my network connection, mutt cannot sendmail anymore.
    It just hang up there infinitely and I have to Ctrl-C...

Any suggestion?

--
Yubin