* Cameron Simpson <c...@zip.com.au> [06-10-17 18:44]:
 [...]
> Many of us configure our local mail systems to use a "smarthost", which is
> nothing more than an upstream SMTP server to take our email. This is largely
> because is it not uncommon for ISP's to prevent direct outbound SMTP from
> their clients, a legacy of spambots. It your email is getting through then
> your ISP is not getting in the way.

I have not experienced a problem sending direct from my server but the
rejection from receivers because I don't have a static ip is the problem.

Many years ago I wrote a script to send queued mail when it determined I
had a connection, dial-up.
Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode