On 08-31-17, Kevin J. McCarthy wrote:

Browsing folders using '?' does change some state: it records the most
recent directory so the next browsing starts in the same place.  Just
entering the folder name and hitting enter doesn't do that.

I'll have to dig in a bit to see the problem, but some repeatable
instructions would help.  Does this happen if you start mutt, hit ",i",
and then compose a message.

It has the same effect.

  =personal: No such file or directory (errno = 2)

I grepped a little bit through the manual. Maybe I have to use <change-dir> or
a combination of <change-folder> and <change-dir>?

And, as I just found out, Debian ships NeoMutt. I hope this is not a problem.

  Kai