As this topic was touched recently, I got interested in notmuch again
and took some time to look at it.

I used mairix for more than a decade, then switch over to mu some years
ago for some forgotten reason and now notmuch is an interesting thing.

Right now I face a clash of features:

I really love and depend on mu's feature to track mail adresses of all
indexed mails. I use

  set query_command="mu cfind --format mutt-ab %s"

as an address book replacement for mutt.

On the other hand, what I really like notmuch for is it's feature to
recontruct the mail thread.

  notmuch-mutt -r thread

So far, I could not find a solution where notmuch is able to act as a
address book for mutt or the other way round, where mu is able to
reconstruct a thread. Any ideas from you to achieve the one or the
other?

Many thanks,
--
Bastian