On Fri, 19 Jan 2018, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día viernes, enero 19, 2018 a las 11:03:18a. m. +0100, Till Smejkal
> escribió:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using notmuch to index my mails for years now and I am very happy with
> > its
> > performance and functionality.

> Hi,
>
> I have around 4.2 GByte of mbox mail files:
>
> $ du -sh Mail
> 4,2G  Mail
> $ ls Mail | wc -l
>     1095
>
> can 'notmuch' index this and how big is the database after this?

Same here, I have about 5.6 GB of mails (~400k). notmuch can handle them with no
problems at all. The first indexing may take some time (~30mins) but subsequent
indexing takes just a couple of milliseconds on my machine (Core i7 with an SSD
and
12GB RAM). I haven't found any other mail indexer that is as fast as notmuch.
However, notmuch *only* works with *maildirs*. If you use the mbox format,
notmuch
will not work. See here [1] for more details on what to do.

Cheers
Till

[1] https://notmuchmail.org/howto/