On 02Feb2018 11:55, Yubin Ruan <ablacktsh...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Feb 01, 2018 at 07:32:29PM -0800, Barton Janes wrote:
The trailing = is usually caused by the text encoding of "quoted Printable"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quoted-printable

Are there any ways to save the decoded message rather than the encoded one?

To make it more general, is it possible to save the content generated by some
auto_view commands, without having to split the email and type those commands
separately in command line?

Well, you can set pipe_decode=yes and then pipe to a save command:

 | cat >saved_message.txt

Pipe_decode is normally "no", so that piping a message goes in the raw form to whatever command is receiving it. But setting it to "yes" gets you what would show in the pager. I think. Need to experiment.

Personally I'm surprised that the Content-Transfer-Encoding isn't decoded for saving things; it is there purely to get the original content through the mail system and should be decoded. I need to do some testing.

Yubin, your sample messages seem to be from linkedin.com; is that the case? If so, I've any number of them in my own inbox I can try.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au> (formerly c...@zip.com.au)