On Tue, 10 Apr 2018, at 21:34, Grant Edwards wrote:
> I have my mailcap entry set up so that "viewing" an html message uses
> w3m but "printing" an html message opens it in chromium

Many thanks for pointing me to the `print=` configuration option in mailcap!

I used to save the HTML message part manually and then open it in the browser
for when the w3m rendering was not good enough, and was looking for a
workaround to rebind the open action from the message part browser to call a
GUI browser. Repurposing the print functionality is a neat trick.

Regards
Jens.