On Tue, 7 May 2019 22:12:35 +0000, Russell L. Harris wrote:

> (1) The only maildirs or mboxes of which Mutt is aware are those which
> are specified in .muttrc by the "mailboxes" command.
> (2) The base of the maildir or mbox structure is specified by the
> "folder" command.  If I recall correctly, Mutt assumes "~/Mail" if no
> base is specified.

I don't have any 'mailboxes' command in my .muttrc file. Not at all.
I have this:

set spoolfile="$HOME/Mail/inbox"

I have a few folder-hooks though, and they all point to subdirectories
of $HOME/Mail/inbox.

On Tue, 7 May 2019 17:29:39 -0400, Kurt Hackenberg wrote:

> On 2019-05-07 17:11, Luciano ES wrote:
>
> > I don't remember how I converted it. It was a very long time ago.
>
> Oh. But the problem just started a day or two ago? Then two questions:
>
> Did something change just before the problem started? If so, what?
>
> And, maybe you could show us the contents of that directory? Say, the
> output of "ls -AR".

The problem started years ago. I asked for help in a generic *nix forum
and nobody had a clue so I gave up. I am trying to sort it out for good
this time around. I'm making progress. :-)  I just want to get rid of
that glitch in the <change-folder> command.

I pasted the output of ls -AR here:
https://pastebin.com/DihPtit2

--
Luciano ES