Regarding the following, written by “José María Mateos” on 2019-10-25 at 18:32 Uhr -0400:

If you want to accomplish this, wouldn’t it be enough not to wrap the text? That way the client/screen will do its own wrapping, no need to go the HTML way.

That would indeed take care of the extraneous line breaks. However, when I wrote “given how email has evolved”, I’m also talking about the kind of information that is being conveyed, which often isn’t plain-text anymore. For instance, being able to send links, some markup, and tables, in an email (rather than having to resort to an attachment) has its benefits.

--
@martinkrafft | https://riot.im/app/#/room/#madduck:madduck.net

the reason that every major university
maintains a department of mathematics